The Secretariat supports the APPG in holding events, organising field trips and conducting research, such as inquiries and publications, to raise awareness of the importance of trade as a route out of poverty, and to find ways of enabling poor countries to develop through trade.
APPG-TOP’s medium term workplan is structured around five main priority themes:
- Mainstreaming development in UK trade policy & WTO post Brexit
- Promoting trade and investment for development in the Commonwealth
- Integrating Africa
- Delivering effective Aid for Trade
- Creating jobs & empowering women through trade and investment
The main activities the APPG TOP include:
- Briefings and inputs for speeches and House of Commons debates
- Events, workshops, parliamentary dinners, bilateral meetings
- Official submissions to government consultations or letters to Ministers
For more information, please contact Tom Pengelly, Head of the External Secretariat of the APPG TOP, at TOP@saana.com.
You can learn more about the APPG-TOP’s activities on the following links:
Follow @SaanaConsulting on Twitter for regular updates